What is Camplayer?
Camplayer is a piece of software that allows you to use your Raspberry Pi as IP camera viewer.
It initially started as a hobby project as I could not find any decent (and free) software packet to use the Raspberry Pi as cheap
and easy to use IP camera monitor. I decided to make it public as I believe many people can benefit from it.
And what about Camplayer OS?
Camplayer OS is a plug and play operating system containing the camplayer software.
Its main goal is to improve the reliability and user experience.
- Plug and play installation (Camplayer OS only)
- Read-only operating system, unexpected power down safe (Camplayer OS only)
- Display power management (Camplayer OS only)
- Automatic IP address tracking (Camplayer OS only)
- Keyboard or CEC remote control
- H264 and MJPEG decoding (HEVC is experimental)
- Video grid for up to 9 streams (H264 640x360@24FPS)
- Substream/subchannel support with automatic or manual selection
- Automatic recovery of broken streams
- Raspberry Pi 4 dual screen support (experimental)
- Demo mode
How to install Camplayer OS?
The installation procedure is kept as simple as possible.
Basically you only have 4 steps.
- Download and flash the image to an SD card
- Follow the license procedure (for beta builds only)
- Setup WiFi and add your IP cameras stream URLs
- Configure your layout (grid mode) and go!
How does it look?
For convenience with 4 identical streams.
Corresponding configuration (Camplayer OS GUI)